Bern, Switzerland, April 10, 2012
Co-located with EuroSys 2012
Transactional Memory (TM) is a promising technology that aims to make parallel programming more productive and provides a programmer friendly alternative to traditional lock-based concurrency. The past ten years has seen intense research work on software and hardware TM proposals. The maturing of TM research has recently led to a hardware TM implementation for a commodity high-performance microprocessor and to upcoming TM support for the world's leading open source compiler. Euro-TM Workshop on Transactional Memory (WTM) aims to feature work-in-progress snapshots for this era of maturing TM research. Euro-TM is a Cost Action initiative, supported by the European Commission (http://www.eurotm.org).
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
The workshop will consist of short presentations and will not have
any published proceedings to facilitate later submission to other
venues. To submit, please send a 400 word description of your
research-in-progress, in plain text, together with the title and authors
to Osman Unsal (firstname.lastname@example.org). The submissions will be evaluated by members of the Euro-TM Management Committee.
- Local Organizer: Prof. Pascal Felber
- Submission deadline: 18 February 2012
This meeting is organized by the Euro-TM Cost Action in collaboration with the Cloud-TM project.
Some important notices:
- Euro-TM can provide financial support for travel and accommodation costs (2 nights, at a flat rate of 120 EUR per night, as by COST regulations). Detailed information on eligible participants and expenses, as well as on reimbursement process can be found here.
- Euro-TM members who attend *exclusively* the Euro-TM WTM will not need to register to the Eurosys workshops or conference.
- Euro-TM members who attend also EuroSys (in fact, this year the EuroSys program includes several papers in the TM area! You can find the program here.) will still be entitled to reimbursement of travel and accommodation costs. However, Euro-TM will not cover registration costs for the Eurosys conference, i.e. if you intend to attend EuroSys you will have to register regularly to the conference.
Action Events >