Prague, Czech Republic, April 14, 2013
Co-located with EuroSys 2013
The Euro-TM Workshop on Transactional Memory (WTM) is a forum for researchers and practitioners addressing the new challenges of concurrency in the cloud and many-core era. Transactional Memory (TM) is a promising technology that aims at making parallel programming more productive and programmer friendly by providing an alternative to traditional lock-based concurrency. Intensive research on TM has recently led to hardware TM implementations on major commodity high-performance microprocessors and to TM support for the world's leading open source compiler.
The Euro-TM Workshop on Transactional Memory welcomes work-in-progress snapshots for this period of maturing TM research.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Language and compiler support for TM and other synchronization primitives
- TM semantics
- Consistency and memory models for TM
- TM correctness and performance, testing, analysis and debugging
- Distributed TM, replication and reliability
- Scalability in large-scale many-cores and cloud systems
- Hardware support for TM
- OS/runtime support for contention management and transaction scheduling
- TM applications and benchmarks
- Local Organizer: Wolfgang Karl, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology
- Submission deadline:
The program, abstracts and slides of the presentations are available here.
The workshop will take place in room "Balling's hall".
The workshop will consist of short presentations. To facilitate later submission to other venues, WTM will not have published proceedings.
Please submit a 400 word plain text abstract describing your research-in-progress at EasyChair:
The submissions will be evaluated by members of the Euro-TM Management Committee.
This meeting is organized by the Euro-TM COST Action, supported by the European Commission.
Some important notices:
- Euro-TM can provide financial support for travel and accommodation costs (2 nights, at a flat rate of 120 EUR per night, as by COST regulations). Detailed information on eligible participants and expenses, as well as on reimbursement process can be found here and here.
- Euro-TM members who attend *exclusively* the Euro-TM WTM will not need to register to the Eurosys workshops or conference.
- Euro-TM members who attend also EuroSys will still be entitled to reimbursement of travel and accommodation costs. However, Euro-TM will not cover registration costs for the Eurosys conference, i.e. if you intend to attend EuroSys you will have to register regularly to the conference.
- Registration for WTM is mandatory but free. To register for the workshop send an email until March 12th with your name and institution to the following addresses:
mcouceiro <at> gsd <dot> inesc-id <dot> pt
eurotm <at> gsd <dot> inesc-id <dot> pt
In the email, please specify if you intend apply for financial support from Euro-TM. In this case, include also a forecast of your travel and accommodation expenses.
Action Events >