Everybody interested in the aims and scope of the Action is invited to contribute to it!
Participating in Activities
COST Vademecum. Here come some brief answers to several frequently asked questions:
Q: I am involved in a project related to the field of Transactional Memory and would like to make scientific contributions to the Action. How can I do that?
A: Please fill in our web-based membership application form. The chair(s) of the Working Groups that you apply for will come back to you.
Q: What benefits do I have from joining the Action’s WGs?
A: The attendance and active participation in WG workshops and meetings are open to all Action members and supporters.
Q: I would like to be involved in the management of the Action. How can I do that?
A: The procedure depends on your specific situation:
- If you are based in one of the 35 COST countries, and your country has already accepted the Memorandum of Understanding of the Action IC1001 (see the Action’s participating researchers page), but has not yet nominated its representatives: Please indicate your interest to your COST National Coordinador (CNC) and inform the Action chair. The former may officially nominate you as representative of your country to the Action’s Management Committee.
- If you are based in one of the 35 COST countries, but your country has not yet signed the Memorandum of Understanding of Action IC1001 (see the Action’s members page): Please explain your case to your COST National Coordinador (CNC) and inform the Action chair. The former may launch the participation of your country in the Action. Once done, the CNC can officially nominate you as a representative of your country to the MC committee.
- If you are based in a non-COST country: Involvement of institutions from non-COST countries is achieved through a multi-stage process that may lead to the approval of the membership application from a non-COST institution by the COST Committee of Senior Officials (CSO). In case you wish to initiate the process, please make sure first that you have the support from the legal representative of your institution. Then contact the Action chair and explain your case.
Q: What part of the Action’s budget will be assigned to me if I participate?
A: The Action’s budget is centrally managed through the grant holder institution (INESC-ID Lisbon, Portugal). All cost claims must be addressed to the Action Chair (via firstname.lastname@example.org).
Q: Am I eligible for reimbursement?
A: WG members are, in principle, eligible for the reimbursement of costs related to the Action’s activities if any of the following cases occurs:
- they are from a COST country that has signed the actions MoU (see the Action’s member page).
- they are from an institution of a Near Neighbor country (Balkan countries; Mediterranean countries; European NIS) whose participation in the Action has been formally approved.
- they are from an institution of a country which has a reciprocal arrangement with the COST Office (currently Australia, New Zealand, and South Africa). In this case, the reimbursement is done through the national funding agency.
- they have been formally asked by Action chair (at the proposal of a WG chair) to participate in a specific meeting as an “invited expert”.
Q: I am an eligible WG member. Will all my travel cost be reimbursed automatically?
A: NO. Only very few travel grants are available for each meeting. Please apply before the meeting (instructions are published in each meeting's page). Grant assignment will be analyzed on a case by case basis.